Enhance Easy Access To Reusable Sanitary Towels
No Namibian GIRL-CHILD especially the previously disadvantaged and marginalized should miss or drop out of school due to a lack of access to sanitary towels and; awareness on Hygiene and Menstrual Health Management. Against this, I urgently call on our Government, Policy/Law makers, Non-Governmental Organizations, Civil Society, Political, Traditional & Religious Leaders, Community Based Organizations, Faith Based Organizations and the General Public to join efforts and consider the following:
- Describe Hygiene and Menstrual Health Management (HMHM) under the Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR);
- Approach Hygiene and Menstrual Health Management (HMHM) from a Human Rights perspective;
- Remove tax on all sanitary products;
- Sexual Intercourse is a CHOICE and Menstruation is NATURAL, hence sanitary products must be evenly distributed, available and accessible.
- Empower our BOY-CHILD, adolescent and adult males through education and other capacity-building opportrunities on Hygiene and Menstrual Health Management (HMHM) and; Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR).