End The Spread of Measles! Stop The Personal Belief Exemption for Student Vaccinations
- Measles was fully eradicated in the United States in the year 2000. It is back and spreading throughout the country, including in our great city of Long Beach.
- Measles is 100% preventable through vaccinations.
- Parents are choosing not to vaccinate their children based 100% on myths and misinformation.
- The City of Long Beach allows parents to be exempt from vaccinating their children based on personal beliefs.
- Some children are not able to receive the Measles vaccination due to serious medical conditions. These children are being put at extreme risk because parents of healthy children are choosing not to vaccinate, creating an environment where the disease can spread and thrive.
We, the people of Long Beach, signed below, urge the Long Beach City Council to require all students to be vaccinated for Measles, except for students who are medically unable to receive the vaccinations. We urge that personal belief exemptions for vaccinations be discontinued immediately.