End Mask Mandate
Based on the State of Hawaii Emergency proclamations, it is clear that the face mask policies are based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). It is important to recognize that the CDC has flip-flopped its position on face coverings several times since March now recommends that everyone wear a mask in public. This recommendation is not supported by strong empirical evidence. Though there is science to support mask-wearing, there is also a preponderance of scientific evidence that shows masks can cause considerable harm and are ineffective in preventing the spread of coronavirus. There is also no science supporting the use of masks by healthy individuals. So emergency orders that are being issued to help protect public health are actually hurting individuals’ physical and emotional wellbeing — and violating our basic human rights, constitutional rights, and religious rights.
Evidence that masks reduce the transmission of viral respiratory infections within community settings is equivocal at best. A recent meta-analysis (https://www.qeios.com/read/1SC5L4) that included nearly a dozen randomized, controlled trials and 10 observational studies found that there was no clear clinical or laboratory-confirmed evidence that masks prevent infection. Even the U.S. Surgeon General has noted that masks “are not effective in preventing the general public from catching the coronavirus.” (https://twitter.com/Surgeon_General/status/1233725785283932160)
In terms of harm, studies show that wearing a face covering reduces blood and tissue oxygenation — which can be deadly — while increasing carbon dioxide levels. The use of masks can also increase the risk of infection and the spread of viral illness (particularly cloth masks), hinder detoxification that occurs through exhalation, impair the immune system, and cause a wide range of other physical and psychological issues. (https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577). Moreover, some masks have been found to contain known carcinogens, which put people at risk from inhaling toxic chemicals and having them come into contact with their skin.
There is no science to support the use of masks by healthy individuals. Forcing healthy individuals to wear face coverings is a completely unnecessary intervention that dehumanizes their interactions with others. More important, it eliminates their right to make informed decisions about what risks and precautions they are willing to take.
It is unethical and unconstitutional to subject healthy, law-abiding citizens to measures that can result in physical and emotional harm and that impinge on their ability to move freely throughout society. For those with deeply held religious beliefs, mask mandates violate their ability to abide by natural law and follow their convictions to walk in faith, not fear. As such, the decision to wear a mask is a highly personal one and should not be universally mandated; measures that are meant to protect the community as a whole are not effective if they hurt individuals in that community.
Mandatory medicine and mandated interventions such as social distancing and mask-wearing have no place in a free society; citizens want to maintain the right to make responsible decisions about what is best for themselves and their children based on their own unique circumstances. I urge you to do the right thing, stand for choice and protect all individuals by encouraging — not mandating — the use of face masks in the community. This policy can be bolstered by asking at-risk populations and those who are sick to self-quarantine, with society taking the best care of them possible.
Many states including California, Florida, Georgia, and Louisiana to name a few have all lost lawsuits when mandating face coverings. The American people won’t be fooled by junk science. We are asking you to protect our constitutional rights to make our own choices when it comes to our healthcare. We’ve done the research and we feel empowered to make the right choices for ourselves.
Scientific resources showing the negative implications of masks:
- Research published in the Annals of Internal Medicine at the first of April indicated that “both surgical and cotton masks seem to be ineffective in preventing the dissemination of SARS–CoV-2 from the coughs of patients with COVID-19.” (https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-1342)
- In a February 2020 meta-analysis of six randomized controlled trials involving 9,171 patients, there were no statistically significant differences in preventing influenza or viral infections using N95 respirators and surgical masks. (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/jebm.12381)
- Surgeon General Jerome Adams advised against the general public wearing face masks, saying they were “not proven to be effective” in preventing people from contracting COVID-19. (https://twitter.com/Surgeon_General/status/1234471968033951745)
- A May 2020 study involving 159 healthcare workers aged 21 to 35 years of age found that 81% developed headaches from wearing a face mask. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32232837/)
- In a 2008 study of surgical masks worn by 53 surgeons, researchers found that the mask reduced the blood oxygen levels significantly, creating a condition known as “hypoxia.” (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18500410/)
- A 2015 study indicated that hypoxia inhibits T-lymphocytes (the main immune cells used to fight viral infections) by increasing the level of a compound called hypoxia inducible factor-1 (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26179900/) In other words, wearing a mask, which has been shown to cause hypoxia, may actually set the stage for contracting COVID-19 and make the consequences much worse.
- Hypoxia promotes inflammation which can promote the growth, invasion and spread of cancers. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC35898... ) Hypoxia is also a significant factor in atherosclerosis, thus it increases the risk of stroke and heart attack. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17332479/)
- Those who wear masks who are actually SARS-COV-2 positive are constantly rebreathing the virus, raising the concentration of the virus in the lungs and the nasal passages. By wearing a mask, the exhaled viruses will not be able to escape and will concentrate in the nasal passages, enter the olfactory nerves and can travel into the brain. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32167747/, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32240762/, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2543129/)
- and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), did an interview on 60 Minutes where he said, “Right now in the US, people should not be walking around with masks…It might make people feel a little bit better, it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And often there are unintended consequences – people keep fiddling with the masks and they keep touching their face.” () About a month later, he walked back that statement and said he only told the public they shouldn’t wear the mask so that masks could be saved for frontline workers. () He admits that he lied to the public to meet his agenda. HOW CAN WE TRUST A GOVERNMENT THAT LIES TO US FOR THEIR OWN PURPOSES.
- WHO 12-JUN-2020: Medical and fabric masks: who wears what when? “Fabric masks should be worn by people who have no COVID-19 symptoms where COVID-19 is widespread and physical distancing of at least one meter cannot be achieved” COVID IS NOT WIDESPREAD IN KAUAI, SO USE OF FABRIC MASKS IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR KAUAI ACCORDING TO WHO.
- Although the CDC recommends wearing masks, they admitted that they do not have data to confirm that wearing a mask reduces the risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19. (https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-coronavirus-mask-efficacy/partly-false-claim-wear-a-face-mask-covid-19-risk-reduced-by-up-to-98-5-idUSKCN2252T6)
- Journal of American Medical Association: “Face masks should not be worn by healthy individuals to protect themselves from acquiring respiratory infection because there is no evidence to suggest that face masks worn by healthy individuals are effective in preventing people from becoming ill.” (https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2762694)
- Open Access Medical Journal: “This study is the first RCT of cloth masks, and the results caution against the use of cloth masks…Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection.” (https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/bmjopen/5/4/e006577.full.pdf)
- BMJ Publishing Group: “Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection.” “Penetration of cloth masks by [influenza-like illness (ILI)] particles was almost 97%” That means, if I am ill with an influenza-like illness (ILI), and I sneeze through a cloth mask, more than 97% of the ILI particles would get through my cloth mask. **CLOTH MASKS ARE INEFFECTIVE WHEN IT COMES TO ILI PARTICLES!** (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4420971)
- Medical News Today: “This is a long and fraught debate, and international specialists and decision makers have not reached a consensus.” (https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/new-study-questions-the-effectiveness-of-masks-against-sars-cov-2)
Select your island below to sign the petition for your island.