Dog Park in Chinatown Honolulu
Please help by showing your support for a dog park in Chinatown Honolulu! Positive and vibrant community spaces transform neighborhoods, both socially and economically. You do not have to be a dog owner to benefit.
To establish a fully fenced, off-leash dog park in Honolulu's Chinatown district, where dogs can safely exercise and interact, without endangering or annoying people and property. To create a well-maintained community space, open to dog owners who are willing to uphold the park's rules.
- To promote a sense of community and improved relations between Chinatown citizens.
- To more effectively utilize public park space while preserving greenery within the urban sprawl.
- To increase safety and prevent illegal activities from occurring in the vicinity.
- To provide a place for apartment owners to let their dogs run, interact and play freely in a contained environment.
- To take cars off the road and create more foot traffic (from neighboring areas such as Kakaako).
- To create incentive within the community to utilize and maintain shared spaces.