Dog Park at LeDroit Improvements
Help us win some grant money!
We, the residents who live near the Park at LeDroit, are applying for a grant so that we can make some much-needed improvements to the dog park. Help us by showing your support--all that's needed is your signature!
As many of you know, though improvements have been made by dog owners, the park’s old decomposed granite surface is thin, dusty, and sits atop a cement slab that renders the park unusable for much of the year because water doesn't drain out. We've also experienced a great increase in usage this past year as many of us have sheltered in our homes alongside our furry companions...and even more have adopted pandemic pups!
We'd love to modernize the dog park and update it so that the community’s dogs can have a safe and clean space to play. Some of our dream improvements include:
- A drainage system so rain and snow is directed toward the swale at the south end of the park
- Astroturf so that dogs don't get dusty or muddy when they do their doggy rolls
- Concrete walkways which will make the park more accessible to people with mobility issues
- A shade system so our pups and their people can hang out on hot sunny days
- Play equipment like rocks to climb on and maybe even a water feature so dogs can cool off in summertime
Of course, we as a community will continue to support the park by holding regular clean-ups and will work with public officials to galvanize more support for park maintenance and upkeep!
Sign on to show that we wholeheartedly support the Friends of LeDroit Park’s petition for funds to update and modernize the field!