Do not REZONE 1441 North Point
1441 North Point (dentist office) is currently zoned PD. The North Point Commercial Covenants, paragraph 5 allow for professional office or similar compatible use and are on file with the RMC, Charleston County.
The Town of Mount Pleasant said they did not have a copy of these on file and advised the new owner to request rezoning to OP which would allow:
- allows for medical/dentist/professional use
- it does allow for a building to have ground floor commercial with residential above....
- church/civic uses
- service uses - salon, laundromat
- it does not allow for restaurants
- has a parking requirement
- and there are more details that go along with it
Please sign this if you feel it is better for the neighborhood to keep this property zoned PD and abide by the North Point Commercial Covenants. We welcome and are glad their is a new dentist, we just want to keep the property zoned as it was intended so there are not unintended negative consequences in the future for this property.