Development behind Rehoboth Baptist Church
Regarding the Development behind Rehoboth Baptist Church:
Please sign this petition that will go to the Tucker City Council, the Mayor and to Carlton Robertson (Rip), Head of Parks and Recreation.
As a concerned neighbor, I am asking you, our Mayor and City Council members, to hold Minerva Accountable for the work they are developing behind Rehoboth Baptist Church. We need the Council and the City to do the following:
1) Request that Minerva re-engineer the retention pond to be further from the water's edge.
2) Conduct water Tests of the marsh behind where the line ends before work begins (now), and again every 20 days. Make necessary remediations for contaminated water.
3) Restore the hiking trail with natural surface materials as soon as the retention pond is finished, but before home and townhouse construction begins.
4) Amend Ordinance 02018-08-30, approved Aug. 27, 2018 to add the following:
- Owner/Developer shall be responsible for the maintenance of the retention pond and not defer that responsibility to future homeowners.
- Owner Developer shall require future homeowners to use only natural yard treatments and to abstain from using toxic pesticides or fertilizers.
- Mitigate or cease further destruction of trees (including Pine trees and not just “healthy specimen trees), that support the wildlife in the Johns Homestead, Twin Brothers Lake acreage.
We truly appreciate your service to the city and making this area as close to a Nature Preserve as possible. This could be a showcase for why new residents would want to live in Tucker. We need your help now.Signed concerned residents of District No. 2.