Darby Heino for 2L Dual JD SBA President
Hey everyone! I would love to toss my name into the running for 2L Dual JD SBA President for next year!
Below are a few of the responsibilities I took on while holding the position of 1L Dual JD SBA President. I feel as though listing what I have accomplished this year is a clearer representation of the type of President I would be next year, rather than copy and pasting my resume into this petition.
- Helped write and signed off on the FailSafe Exam petition to Windsor professors alongside the 1L Dual SLS representatives. This resulted in successfully being granted five failsafe mid-term exams.
- Worked closely year-round with the 1L Dual SLS Reps, Tyrone, and Lily as well as the 1L Single JD SLS Representatives.
- Maintained consistent communication with UDM faculty and administrators where I continually pushed for answers regarding externship information, and summer course dates.
- Organized, in collaboration with the rest of the 1L Dual SBA team: SBA instagram account, movie night, office hours, headshots for the class (approved but pending dates because of pandemic).
- Organized and oversaw SBA class officer meetings throughout the year.
- Attended Board of Governor SBA meetings and advocated for the wants and needs of the class to the executive committee.
With most of our classes being held at UDM next year, I believe the experience I have accumulated this year will translate well into understanding the tasks required of the President. I have very closely familiarized myself with the UDM faculty, and UDM Executive SBA team and if I am re-elected I will continue to advocate for this class.