D303 Parents Opposed to Boundary Change
The residents of River Ridge Subdivision are asking the District 303 Board Members to Vote NO on February 12th, to the District 303 Elementary School Boundary and Utilization Proposal.
The District’s proposal was designed to “disrupt the fewest number of students possible, knowing that an adjustment of this magnitude will require some students and families to change schools.” This communication came from Dr. Jason Pearson on Monday, January 8th, 2018. Additionally, per the District’s response to one of the FAQs, the District responded that “It is our intent to not move students for the sake of moving them.” Based on the data presented on Thursday, January 18th, 2018, we, the undersigned, do not agree that moving the River Ridge Subdivision boundaries supports these claims.
WHY WE STRONGLY OPPOSE THIS CHANGE:
Decrease in Property Value (Property Taxes & Future Property Sale)
River Ridge residents pay 70+% in taxes and pensions for the St. Charles School District and associated city entities. Families buy more expensive homes for better school districts and specific schools they want their children to attend.
- Realtor.com states that the selling price of your home and the amount of time on the market may be negatively impacted by this change due to school boundary, location of the school and perceived quality in the district.
School Performance: (reference: Illinoisreportcard.com)
- Anderson Elementary is a Title 1 school and is NOT performing at or near the same level as Wild Rose Elementary in state testing, teacher retention, state ranking, teacher-led after school programs and a strong Parent Teacher Organization (PTO).
- Anderson Elementary ranks 909; Wild Rose Elementary ranks 292/2063 schools in IL.
School Capacity – (district says optimal level is 80%-90% per school)
- With NO Boundary Change – WR will DECREASE from 91% to 72% in the next 3 years; Anderson will INCREASE from 66% to 75%.
- WITH BOUNDARY CHANGE – WR will DECREASE from 91% to 76% in the next 3 years; Anderson will INCREASE from 66% to 90%!
IF YOU OPPOSE THIS PROPOSAL:
#1 – SHOW UP! Your presence at the Special Called School Board Meeting (for this issue)
IS CRITICAL. NUMBERS UNITE. Tuesday, January 30 6:30pm-8:00pm -Thompson M.S.
#2 – SIGN THE PETITION. We will be canvassing the neighborhood Jan 27-28 for your
signature and support to refute this boundary change.
#3 – SEND E-mail to District 303 School Board@Boardofeducation@d303.org
They NEED to hear from everyone why the new boundary change is wrong for River Ridge.
#4 – GET INVOLVED! Updated information available on Facebook – River Ridge Website & Parents Opposed to D303 Elementary Boundary Proposal. Check it out!
THE SCHOOL BOARD VOTES ON THIS ISSUE - FEB. 12TH