CV Link - Connecting the Coachella Valley
The vision of CV Link is for the project to meet four design principles that serve as guidelines toward project goals and ideals for the Coachella Valley. CVAG along with the design team working on the project have endeavored to fulfill that vision. Take a look at the renderings and we think you will agree that the CV Link will meet the four design principles essential to the success of the project: http://www.coachellavalleylink.com/
1) Foster Connection
- Establish the CV Link as a physical connection between neighborhoods, communities, and amenities
- Bond people to destinations, culture, and the environment as well as to other people in the Coachella Valley
- Make access to the parkway effortless, taking advantage of existing road intersections and adjacencies, to grant easy access to patrons residing on both sides of the Whitewater Storm Channel
2) Enhance Function
3) Distinct Destination
4) Make It Iconic
About: The Coachella Valley has long had a need for a transportation route that will provide a safe, healthy alternative to Highway 111. CV Link will provide that alternative allowing residents and tourists alike the ability to bike, walk or take a low–speed electric vehicle for activities such as shopping, work, restaurant, golf, tennis and other activities. It will also provide a safe route for kids to go to school and a meeting place for community activities and events.
CV Link will provide significant environmental, health & wellness and economic benefits including:
- Relieving congestion on Highway 111 resulting in improved air quality
- Creating an exciting amenity for the tourism industry
- Providing a safe avenue for an active and healthy lifestyle helping to combat obesity
- Stimulating the economy with design and construction jobs
Please send your school, business, church, team, and other logos to firstname.lastname@example.org to show your support. Together we can make CV Link a Reality!