Creative Arts Program at Mt Carmel
We are seeking the support from parents of Mt Carmel for a proposal to reintroduce a dedicated creative and visual arts program into the curriculum including a specialised Visual Art Teacher and extra-curricular activities such as a school choir, a band or music ensemble and a drama club.
If you agree with this proposal, please press ‘sign petition’ below to add your signature so that we may present the petition to the Board at their next meeting on 20 August 2015.
Introducing a creative arts program and a specialist teacher will offer a range of opportunities and benefits to the students, teachers and the school community as a whole. Benefits of a creative arts programme include:
- Learning in the creative arts is proven to be vital to the overall healthy and balanced education of a child as it nourishes and engages them intellectually, socially and emotionally; increases cognitive and creative skills ,and promotes individual expression and thought processes
- Exploring student’s individual talents where their interests are discovered and nurtured
- A strengthening of the school’s curriculum, as one that offers quality, diversity and spirituality in what it teaches
- All students can express themselves through artistic form while experiencing the joy and satisfaction that comes from creating and making artworks
- Giving existing teachers some relief time
- The Yass community enjoys the benefits of many extremely talented local artists and musicians. A creative program could harness such talent for the benefit and education of the students. Eg school excursions, artistic workshops
We the undersigned, support the ongoing success and growth of Mt Carmel School and agree with a proposed introduction of a dedicated Visual Arts program and specialist teacher as part of the Mt Carmel curriculum.