GROUPS ENDORSING CPSGAZA: in front of the indifference of the international community, we will protect Human Rights!
We, the under signers of this statement, are concerned about the situation in the Middle East and particularly about the situation in the Gaza Sea and its fishermen. We understand that the continuous violations of Human Rights that the Israeli Navy is committing in the Gaza territorial waters are not tolerable.
Today, the livelihoods of the Gaza Fishermen are severely compromised as a result of the 3 nautical miles limit that Israel, contravening International Law and bilateral agreements, has unilaterally imposed over Gaza territorial waters. They are under constant physical threat, they face arrest just for doing their job, their boats are confiscated. Between August 2010 and January 2011 alone, one fisherman has been killed, two fishermen were wounded, and fourteen were arrested by the Israeli Navy.
In front of the inaction of our states and governments, we, representatives of the civil society, support the deployment of CPSGAZA, the International Civil Peace Service for the Gaza Territorial Water. In compliance with International Law, CPSGAZA will monitor potential Human Rights violations and document breaches in the Rule of Law. We will accompany Gaza fishermen, travel in an identifiable boat and follow a strict mission and principles statement.
Through this initiative launched by the Popular Struggle Coordination Committee, the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights, the Fishing Marine Sports Association, the Union of Agricultural Work Committees in Palestine and a large number of international NGO´s committed to the Rule of Law and Peacebuilding we want to say that we cannot accept the indifference and apathy of the International Community in front of the incessant violations of the International Law in the Gaza Sea.
We must take a stand.
1. International Network for Palestinian Nonviolent Resistance (International)
2. The Fishermen's Syndicate of Gaza (Palestine)
3. The Fishermen's Association in Gaza (Palestine)
4. International Solidarity Movement (ISM)
5. Nova – Centro para la Innovación Social (Spain/Catalonia)
6. Servizio Civile Internazionale (Italia)
7. IPRI Rete CCP - Network of Civilian Peace Services (Italia)
8. Italian Peace Association (Italia)
9. ACSUR-Las Segovias (España)
10. European Jews for a Just Peace (Europe)
11. Jewish Voice for a Just Peace (Germany)
12. International League for Human Rights (International)
13. Un Ponte per ... (Italia)
14. Rete Romana di Solidarietà con il Popolo Palestinese (Italian Network)
15. Stopagrexcoroma (Italia)
16. Operatori di Pace (Italia)
17. Peace Workers (Italia)
18. Associació Catalana per la Pau (Spain/Catalonia)
19. IDHC - Institut de Drets Humans de Catalunya(Spain/Catalonia)
This international initiative is done with the support of the Popular Struggle Coordination Committee, the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights, the Union of Agriculture Working Committes, the Fishing Marine Sports Association in Gaza and a large number of international NGO´s committed with Rule of Law and Peacebuilding promotion