Coyote Abatement Program, La Verne & San Dimas Communities
- (This is an actual photo of a child attacked by a coyote)
- Due to the rapid growth of the Coyote population, increase in their aggressive behavior toward humans and pets, we as Citizens of La Verne or San Dimas, believe it is time that an "abatement program" be enacted, post haste, to deal with this growing threat.
- The coyote problem has reached critical mass. These highly adaptable predators are an increasing danger to our families, pets, and children. We fear that a more serious attack is imminent if something isn't done immediately.
- Clearly, many pets are lost each year. When will an attack happen on a child or an elderly citizen? There are dozens and dozens of lost pets each year due to coyotes hunting in our neighborhoods. This ALONE sho be enough for the City to support an abatement program.
- Therefore, Citizens of the La Verne and San Dimas communities are asking that our City's Mayors (Don Kendrick: La Verne & Curtis Morris: San Dimas) and City Counsels support a "Coyote Abatement Program" starting immediately.
Many families no longer feel safe allowing their children to play in their own fenced in yards for the fear of an attack by a pack of coyotes. It is a reasonable expectation of safety that our families, pets, and children are safe to play in their own fenced in yards without the growing fear of a predatory attack. Many don't feel safe taking a walk in the evening alone or while walking a pet. This has to change.
We are not asking for every coyote or other invasive animal be destroyed. Rather the animals that are using the residential streets as their personal hunting grounds be selected for this abatement program.
We ask the Mayors and City Counsels of San Dimas & La Verne the following:
1. Make this decision about a “Coyote Plan” in an open public forum where residents can participate in the process.
2. We also ask that all votes "for" or "against" the "Abatement Program" be made in public and included as part of the public record.
3. We also request that a web base tracking system for “Coyote Problems” be provided for residence to post aggressive coyotes and/or attacks. Please make these posts open to the public so others in the area can be aware of potential threats.
4. We ask that any and all coyotes that are using our homes as their personal hunting grounds be trapped and humanly culled. What we consider a coyote that needs to be “culled” is any coyote trapped within city limits. We do not support culling any animals outside city lines that live in the wild.
By doing so ensures transparency for both the residents and public servants.
We thank everyone for participating. The only way change happens is through participation. PLEASE pass on this petition to others as signatures AND comments are very helpful. Thank you all...!
Want to help..? Email me @ CitizensForSaferCities@gmail.com.