Clean up Graceda and Enslen Park
Graceada Park is advertised by the city as the “Jewel” in the crown of Modesto Parks. It is used by thousands annually.
Graceda, and the adjacent Enslen Parks have become magnets for people and behavior that belie the advertised image of both the parks and our city; and directly impacts homeowners, nearby residents, and park users adversely.
These activities have dramatically increased in the last 24 months.
- Overt drug and alcohol use throughout the parks
- Overt drug dealing throughout the parks
- Illegal camping and littering
- Illegal food distribution
- Overt prostitution and solicitation
- Street crime, theft and vandalism both inside the park and in the surrounding neighborhood
- Widespread public intoxication throughout the park
- Open panhandling
- Fighting, arguing and yelling on a daily basis, at all hours.
As taxpayers, users, property owners and residents of the Graceda and Enslen parks and neighborhoods, we are asking the city and MPD for:
Ongoing enhanced enforcement of existing laws for the parks and surrounding area specifically:
- Increased “sweeps”.
- Direct drug law enforcement; surveillance
- Public intoxication enforcement
- Vehicle law enforcement and enhanced traffic law and parking control
We also ask that the city repair all broken lights throughout the park.We have seen the impact that MPD and city effort has on these activities before park events (they dissipate). As taxpayers and citizens, we ask that this effort is maintained to keep the parks safe for our families and restore them to an attraction versus an embarrassment