Circle Coalition of Fifth Ward, Houston Texas
I Support a Fifth Ward “East River” Community Benefits Agreement negotiated by the people, for the people, and for the Circle Coalition to advocate for that for me and represent me in accordance with the below values:
- Affordable housing on the property and in Fifth Ward to stem the acceleration of gentrification
- Jobs for Fifth Ward residents -- Living Wage jobs for all on site, from construction to service industries
- Youth resources - a youth center, day care that site workers & Fifth Ward residents can access at reduced costs
- A good grocery store we can afford
- Oversight/Monitoring by Workers Defense Project and by external observers
East River is a project owned by company Midway along a mile (150 acres) of the bayou in Fifth Ward. They are seeking $130 MILLION of public, Fifth Ward money for this project.
The Circle Coalition is a new coalition of Fifth Ward residents, families, small business owners, and activists, to advocate for and manifest a future of Fifth Ward that is powerful, joyful, beautiful, healthy, and safe.
Please put your zip code (77020 or 77026) in the comments. If you are just a Fifth Ward Supporter feel free to leave blank. We appreciate your support.