No Cell Tower in Chesterfield Township New Jersey !!!
We the residents of Chesterfield, New
Jersey are against the Wireless Edge Cell Phone Tower
to be constructed behind the Police Barracks for the reasons below:
(1) Cell phone towers of this magnitude, clearly reduce real estate values as will be supported by most Realtor’s.
(2) The Cell Tower location will be an eyesore in this country location. Residents and visitors are supposed to be welcomed to the Chesterfield Township Park and Municipal facility with a rural feel.
(3) The Cell Tower
location is adjacent to residents, and is within a few 100 feet of a public
playground, and tennis courts. The entire community brings many kids from
around the area. Kids from age 6 months to 10 years old play at the playground
area. Also children from age 4 through ages 17 play and practice sports in the
park area, and designated sport fields, which are adjacent to the proposed Cell Tower
There is a risk and uncertainty for the health of residents, and for any children or adults who use the Park and facilities. There is now a substantial body of published scientific research suggesting the potential harm from new cellular transmissions technology. Radio frequency waves (RF) can be especially harmful to children under the age of 13, because a child's skull and tissue absorb more radiation. (Dr. Mehmet OZ, Nov. 20, 2009, Good Morning America.
(4) The metal from the cell
tower may attract lightning to the residential and Public Park
area thus creating a hazard for public in the park area, as well as a potential
fire hazard to residential properties.
(5) Police and Chesterfield Township employees will be exposed to potentially unhealthy levels of RF waves. This could also affect job performance or cause serious health problems.
(6) According to the Telecommunications Act, cell phone towers cannot be banned, but Chesterfield Township and Wireless Edge should exhaust all possibilities and make a conscious effort to be a good neighbor.
(7) We feel that a non-residential area should be the only allowable placement for any cell towers within Chesterfield Township.