Bring Change to Sugar Grove Volunteer Fire Department and Lifesaving Crew
ALL SIGNATURES KEPT CONFIDENTIAL IN ORDER TO PROTECT YOU FROM BEING BULLIED OR TARGETED FOR SIGNING THE PETITION. PLEASE UNCHECK "SHOW MY NAME ON ONLINE SIGNATURE LIST" TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS. YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS AND NAME WONT BE VISIBLE.
THIS PETITION WILL BE PROVIDED TO VAEMS AND VA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH EMS OFFICIALS ON COMPLETION.
The Sugar Grove Volunteer Fire Department and Sugar Grove Lifesaving Crew have become corrupted over the span of several years. As a result, their competency and effectiveness comes into question and warrants immediate change.
The Sugar Grove Community deserves better EMS services and competent individuals to staff these organizations. Calls are often shifted to other local fire and rescue groups due to the irresponsibility of our existing organizations and lack of ability to respond.
Recently, a structure fire claimed a home in our community while a large portion of our fire department and at least one fire emergency vehicle was outside of the service area at an unrelated recreational sports event along with the Fire Chief. This regular misuse of resources is unacceptable and places our community at risk.
Members of both the Sugar Grove Volunteer Fire Department and Sugar Grove Lifesaving Crew (includes many of the same individuals) are not qualified, exhibit questionable behavior and have raised numerous concerns within the community. This petition is requesting the following:
1. The Fire Chief be removed from his position and removed from Sugar Grove Volunteer Fire Department and Sugar Grove Lifesaving Crew due to gross incompetence, lack of ability to perform duties in a professional manner, presenting a liability and for being in constant violation of existing By Laws.
2. Outside investigation of Sugar Grove Volunteer Fire Department and Sugar Grove Lifesaving Crew's practices, response times, following of protocol and funds management.
3. All current members of Sugar Grove Lifesaving Crew and Sugar Grove Volunteer Fire Department submit to drug testing to be conducted and handled by an external organization.
4. Review both organizations By Laws to assure that all members are following and abiding by outlined rules and regulations and that all members reside in the service area.
5. Remove and replace all current officers in both organizations.