Change the Million Dollar Show to a different category
To whom it may concern:
1) The selection process for this show has never been posted anywhere and the process as explained to me was not followed anyway.
2. The payout schedule. It doesn’t follow any listed in our rulebook and it’s unprecedented to receive a check just for participating.
3. Our Records. This show if let stand will skew records we have been building for 50 years. It’s not fair to the riders and horses that currently rank in our record books to be surpassed by one exhibition.
4. The vote on this event. Members of the board with a conflict of interest regarding this event should have recused themselves from the vote however, they did not. It is a conflict of interest plain and simple.
5. Transparency. There is NONE at the moment on any of this.
My hope is with members such as myself voicing our concerns that NRHA Board members call an emergency meeting. I would hope that history didn’t repeat itself and that those board members who this event directly effects would do the moral and right thing and recuse themselves from the vote and vote on this matter again.
I would love to see this event held and successful however I think earnings should be acknowledged in another category all together and shouldn’t count for LTE on horse or rider.