Caribbean Peoples' Integration
The Caribbean Movement for Civil Empowerment is a non-profit, apolitical organisation aimed at protecting the ideal of regional integration and securing the economic, social and environmental benefits of the peoples of CARICOM by countering selfish political interests and weak regional initiatives, through public education, engagement and mobilisation.
Our leaders met for their 32nd regular meeting in St Kitts and Nevis from 1-4 July this year and once again, let down the people of the region by their strong penchant for inactivity and the status quo. We the Caribbean people must continue to send a strong message to them, that it is time for action. Integration is no longer an option. It is a necessity and an urgent one at that. Let’s join together and demonstrate our solidarity.
Let’s register our support for a closer Caribbean region by signing the Caribbean Peoples Integration Petition. The issues we are advancing are:
1. Governance reform for effective implementation (CARICOM Secretariat)
2. Creating a legal basis for implementation of CARICOM decisions – Supranationality
3. Giving priority to initiatives which advance the benefits of economic integration
4. Refocusing of energy on the CSME
5. Mobilising Civil Society in Support of regional integration
Visit us at: http://caribmove.webs.com
Caribbean Movement for Civil Empowerment E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://caribmove.webs.com Blog: http://caribmove.blogspot.com Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Caribbean-Movement-for-Civil-Empowerment/160340864027154