Caravan for the Children: Uncage, ReUnify and Heal
Caravan for the Children is a campaign to Uncage, ReUnify and Heal the children impacted by family separation due to #45’s Zero Tolerance policy. We call on the Biden-Harris administration to take action on this matter within their first 100 days. However, we need to show that our support extends within and beyond our own community. That’s where you come in. If you believe in the basic human right that families belong together then we hope you are among those that find the idea of caged children separated from their families as reprehensible as we do. If you do, we have one simple request: SIGN THIS PETITION to show your support!
This is a national 100-day effort to demand the release, reunification, and healing of migrant children still being held in ICE custody across the country. Organizers seek to hold all elected officials accountable to the Biden Immigration Plan.
The goals of the Caravan for the Children Campaign are:
- Increase awareness of the current immigration policies and their traumatic impacts on migrant children and their parents
- Engage the community to endorse, support and get involved with our campaign
- Call on local officials to pressure legislators to prioritize freeing the children
- Activate immigration networks, advocates and allies to support the campaign
- Caravan to the San Diego border and fly to Washington, DC at the completion of the first 100 days to demand that elected leaders #UncageReUnifyHeal the children.
How to Get Involved with the Caravan for the Children Campaign:
- Follow the coalition organizations social media channels where we will post a new Call to Action each week
- Post on your social media channels about the importance to #UncageReunifyHeal migrant children to increase awareness of the issue and the visibility of our campaign. Include the hashtags below
- Attend one of our cultural events focussed on raising awareness/education about the Caravan for the Children campaign
- Share our Media Toolkit to your networks to help spread the word!
Immigrant children continue to be detained by ICE in “tent camps” where they receive insufficient nutrition, no hot meals, lack medical care, nor opportunities to bathe, learn and play. At least six children that we know of have died while living in these conditions. Many clinicians agree that the effects of parental separation and subsequent living conditions have resulted in significant trauma that may last their entire lifetimes. By signing, you will add your name to the call to stop this practice and prioritize the release of the children within the first 100 days of the Biden-Harris administration. We know they will not act unless they feel the pressure of the people. Please sign today!
This campaign is being organized by a collaborative of volunteer organizations: