Canadians Against Air Canada Rouge
We, the undersigned, are hereby stating, in unison, our objections and disdain for Air Canada Rouge.
We consider Rouge to be a grossly inferior product to mainline Air Canada and object to its imposition on important routes without mainline alternatives. We believe that Air Canada has taken a major step backwards with Rouge and has undone all the goodwill and praise it has earned and achieved in the industry over the last 5-10 years.
Many of us are now choosing to fly on other airlines, even with stop-overs and connections, and sometimes at a higher price, in order to travel in the comfort we desire and are willing to pay for. Moreover, many of us are very frequent flyers, in the 50K and better Altitude categories, yet despite that have started flying WestJet, Lufthansa, United and American in order to not fly Rouge. Not earning Aeroplan points or status miles is less important than supporting Rouge and Air Canada and suffering in the process.
Although we all extremely dislike Rouge and avoid it as much as possible, this petition is ultimately the result of the fact that the YYZ-MIA flights are now all Rouge and that no mainline alternative is available, save for flying other airlines such as American. The YYZ-MIA conversion to Rouge is the last straw!
Our objections are as follows:
- Rouge lacks the comfort and service level of the mainline Air Canada we are used to and which has won many air travel awards.
- The seating is cramped and uncomfortable.
- Rouge cabin staff are often rude and difficult.
- On international overseas routes such as Prague and Dublin the Executive Class (Premium Rouge) seating is not at all comparable to the pod-style seating usually offered on international routes.
- The promise of cheaper fares on Rouge versus Air Canada mainline is not true.
- Important business destinations such as Las Vegas and San Diego are now Rouge as are important and frequently traveled destinations such as Miami.
- The lack of mainline alternatives on the same routes. If one wants to fly to Miami or Las Vegas why must one be forced to fly Rouge. Why not offer both mainline and Rouge options?
- Every Air Canada employee we have expressed this too, cabin staff, counter staff, phone staff etc., all agree and claim they hear this all the time and yet the problem only exacerbates. To wit: the YYZ-MIA route.
Ultimately we'd prefer that Rouge be eliminated completely, but if it is to remain an Air Canada product we'd like to see the following:
- If Rouge is to be used it should be on shorter routes, YYZ-LGA, YYZ-BOS, for example, where comfort is less of an issue. But to impose the lack of comfort and service that Rouge has become known for on long haul routes like Barcelona, San Jose, Prague and Venice is unfair to the passenger.
- On routes where Rouge is present that alternative mainline options be made available so that those of us who would prefer a normal Air Canada experience can obtain it.
- Rouge business class or premium should be upgraded to reflect the type of seating one is used to on long haul flights.
- The cost of flying Rouge be reflective of the reduced level of comfort and service that it offers.
The Rouge product is adversely affecting the reputation of Air Canada and the loyalty to the airline that we all share. We implore you, Air Canada, to listen to your customers and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
PLEASE NOTE: Donations are optional. Your vote will be recorded even if you do not donate to ipetitions.com
And please join/like us on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/NoMoreRouge