Bullying incidents at school
Dear Fr. Jurgen,
We are a group of parents of year 8 students that are seriously worried about our children. In the last months, we have been informed by our children of a list of events that went on at school. Our kids are feeling unhappy and unsafe at school because of this.
List of events:
1. bullying between our own children (with words and actions including scratches/bites, pushing in the middle of the street, throwing of personal property out of windows)
2. A student taking a knife to school and threatening students
3. 2 boys with cuts in their forehead coming from head banging against the courtyard metal gate by year 7 students..
4. Bullying against the history teacher, teacher cannot do lesson
5. Items going missing from school bags in 8b (including hw)
6. Swearing and indecent talking by other students
7. Instigating children to bully other children
8. General lack of disciplinary actions in the school
9. We see the need for the anti bullying team to intervene immediately before it's too late..
We know that various parents approached you separately about various issues. But we are growing seriously concerned about the safety of our children. We would like to ask you to give us a report of what is going on and the remediation actions the school is taking to protect our children and restore their emotional stability. As you are aware some students are undergoing medical/psychological treatment due to bullying issues. We would like you to know that we are all ready to collaborate with the school to better the situation and restore the peaceful environment at school. We would highly appreciate if you would organize a meeting with us parents to discuss matters during summer.
Thanks for your understanding and collaboration.
Year 8 parents