Give our primary kids back their PHYSICAL ORIGINAL textbooks!
We are petitioning for Raffles school management to reverse their decision to move to digital books and keep physical original books as primary source of learning material for our lower primary school kids. Reasons are as follows:
- Digital Books add to unnecessary additional screen time (which is already exorbitant due to HBL)
- Young learners still require colourful illustrations and pictures to motivate their learning (thus why black and white photocopies are not acceptable)
- Young learners are still perfecting motoric handwriting skills, which they don't get by doing all their work online!
- School books are included in our school fees (we paid for PHYSICAL ORIGINAL books, NOT digital books and NOT poor quality photocopies)
- Provide PHYSICAL BOOKS for all subjects where the books are currently available in the market (Maths, Science, Chinese, Bahasa, PPKN)
- Once the new syllabus English books are available, please make the PHYSICAL BOOKS available for the kids
- For the English books not available yet, please provide CLEAR, IN COLOUR photocopies that are clear and legible
- SEPARATE book fees from our school fees in the future - this will give parents the choice to buy physical books should the school insist on only providing digital books
PARENTS OF RAFFLES PRIMARY KIDS