Petition for PokerStars to reverse the removal of deep stacked cash games
Deep stacked no limit poker is one of the most complex and challenging varieties of the game. All-in confrontations are limited which means you are forced to play all three streets.
Deep stacked poker allows more room to play instead of finding yourself in the position where you have to shove and pray to the poker gods. This makes deep stacked poker favour skill over luck, and therefore less variance.
Deep stacked poker games are also more fun to play, due to the action and huge pots.
Long story short - deep stacked poker is what separates men from boys.
This is a very popular version of no limit poker, played by both regulars and recreational players. Unfortunately, PokerStars has decided to remove this format because "This change is part of our commitment to improving and simplifying the recreational player experience". There is nothing that can prove this to be true. Even if it was, the recreational players have a choice - deep or standard. It's their choice.
Here are a few reasons why they need to bring this format back:
- It's the ultimate cash game poker experience which is not offered by the biggest poker site in the world.
- There are many players, both recreational and regular, that only play deep stacked poker.
- These tables were the least affected by seat scripting and the so called "bumhunting".
- This change will probably affect recreational players more as they enjoy action and big pots.
- This format has been televised in popular poker shows like "High Stakes Poker", "Poker After Dark" and even PokerStars' own show - "The Big Game". Why do they not televise 100b standard cash games? Because they are not as exciting to watch or play.
- PokerStars are abusing their power because they hold a monopoly and they expect us, the players, to play the games they want us to play.