BIS should take substantial steps to deal with mod piracy and income generation
A3L team as a whole:
1. modified Tonics no-derivs code and claimed it as their own,
2. modified Milkmans and RobertHammers no-derivs mods and charge people to use them. Both of these guys have asked them to remove their content, but they have not complied with this wish
3. published a price-list for content, and when this was evidenced they hid it basically, and told BIS that they had taken it down, but continued to collect money from new users wanting access. We estimate they have made between $10,000 and $50,000 from our work, exploiting BIS' commercial property
4. abused people in the forums asking questions about what they were up to
5. presented themselves to the world as professional, with a lawyer no-less, only to be outed by their own disillusioned team members as youngsters, and confessing they made the bit up about the lawyer (essentially to try to scare us off)
6. allegedly stole licensed copyrighted materials from Microsoft, Forza, Shift 2, and CL3
and today they
a) continue to secretly charge for access
b) publish these allegedly illegal models in the arma 3 engine
c) promote their stolen and modified arma community assets
d) sow a big seam of discord amongst the collaborative, experienced modding community that keeps BIS games popular
One member of their team has been banned from the BIS Forum and BIS decided that was enough.
BIS will not take any further action against them unless we make our feelings known.
BIS we ask you to take substantial steps to deal with this team of abusive pirates who are making a mockery of the licensing system we use to release mods in your game engine