Be Kind To The Ocean
Awareness for the ocean is lacking, what we gain from the ocean and it's contents is overwhelming. From scientific data, to future medicines that could potentially be the next cure to a chronic or terminal illness, ingredients for all types of products--industrial to beauty products-- the ocean provides the world with food, oxygen, awe and wonder.
I will be kinder to the ocean by trying to do the following:
1. Conserve water, through water saving toilets to taking shorter showers, etc.
2. Participate in World Ocean Day activities on June 8th.
3. Going on eco-friendly ocean adventures when traveling.
4. Patronize restaurants that recognize the need to consume seafood sustainably.
5. Don't dispose of trash or toilet waste in the ocean.
6. Use environmentally-friendly cleaning agents, etc.
7. Promote marine conservation in your work through social activities/media.
8. Teach children to respect nature and the environment.
9. Donate, join, or sponsor marine conservation organizations.
10. Ask my friends, family, contacts to sign the petition and participate.