Ban Texting While Driving in Oklahoma
Generation tXt's goal is to keep Oklahomans safe from the hazards of texting while driving.
• A texting driver is up to 23 times more likely to crash than a non-texting driver. (2009, VTTI)
• Texting while driving is dangerous because it takes your mind, eyes and hands off the task of driving.
• Cell phone use delays a driver's reaction time as much as having a blood alcohol concentration at the legal limit of intoxication.
• This form of distracted driving is especially problematic because so many people do it. At any given moment, greater than 800,000 vehicles are being driven by someone using a hand-held device.
Texting while driving accidents are 100% preventable.
• Thirty-nine states already have laws against texting while driving for all ages.
• State laws banning texting in conjunction with high visibility enforcement campaigns have been shown to be effective. (2010, NHTSA).
Would you please sign our request to helpreduce injuries and fatalities on our Oklahoma roads?
***If you are 18 years or older,please sign with your
full name and zip code(in the comments box).***
We will be taking signatures to the state legislature this upcoming session. Your information will sway our congress and senate representatives to enact a ban on texting and driving.
Oklahoma needs this law.
You can make a difference!!!