Ban Kaytee Rat Food
On October 26th, 2015 my rat, Rocco, died of Kaytee food poisoning. I was giving him a bath when suddenly, he fell limp and died. I tried giving him Cpr until I knew he was gone.
Kaytee Rat Food contains Alfalfa which is a harmful ingredient to pet rats. Alfalfa is indigestible in rats and can cause MAJOR stomache problems because of build up of this ingredient inside the stomache which then causes death. Another thing I would like to mention is how Kaytee includes these ingredients in their RABBIT FOODS too! As a proud mother of now only one Rattie because of this HORRIBLE QUALITY brand Kaytee I will not be purchasing this brand of food and will do whatever it takes to stop it.
Yesterday, I went to my local crematory and had my dearest Rocco cremated. Thank you all for the wonderful support. All of the messages I have been receving are very thoughtful.
If you feed your pet rats the Kaytee brand rat food, PLEASE STOP!