Ban Bendy-Buses from Maltese Streets
26 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
26 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
Since the introduction of Bendy-Buses by Arriva in Malta;
- The promised original small number of bendy-buses planned for 4 express routes has been supplimented by a massive influx (68) of such vehicles on unsuitable domestic routes.
- Traffic congestion has increased.
- Bendy buses are unsuited to Maltese roads and carriageway widths.
- bendy-buses are unable to pull fully into bus bays.
- Several Bendy-buses have been involved in serious accidents.
- Several cyclists have been injured (two in hit and run incidents).
- Several bendy-buses have been involved in fire incidents.
- Following removal from service due to the fire safety concerns by the Maltese Govt, 65 normal capacity buses/coaches replaced 68 high capacity bendy-buses. Indicating that the claimed high capacity is not necessary.
Based upon the above Bendy Buses should be removed from service in Malta.