Avalon Park Budget Reconsideration
We, the residents of Avalon Park in Orlando, Florida, believe the budget for 2017 to not be in the best interests of the Community and at this time move towards it's reconsideration prior to approval by the AP Board Members. Those signing this petition want the following items considered and/or addressed in consideration of reducing HOA Fees prior to any approval is sought:
1. Adoption and use of electronic means of communication and reduce Office-Postage-Copies line item from $65000 to under $8000.
2. Adoption and use of New clubhouse for primary office for POA board and resident interaction. Eliminate office rent to zero. Also, letter of explanation from Board to residents regarding payment of office rents in 2016 to a building owner that currently sits on the Board and if this was addressed as a potential conflict of interest.
3. Discontinue Cable Television Services or renegotiate a "per-user" fee at $15 for each account. This is big budget line item and deserves inspection since not everyone utilizes this feature and yet pays for it in their respective HOA fee.
4. Adoption of language to automatically adjust the annual HOA fees by rate changes in Utilities on an annual basis.
5. Adoption and use of third party contractor, suggest YMCA, to supply and operate exercise facilities in both Clubhouses if so used. An agreed facility use fee would be allowed to be charged to each resident at a greatly reduced rate. Discontinue leasing of exercise equipment at South Clubhouse.
6. Create Safety Captain Position (AP Ranger) on AP Board to coordinate Neighborhood Watch Program (non-paid). Purpose of position is to address resident safety concerns through direct interaction at AP Board Meetings. Captain would be responsible for coordination of Off-Duty Patrol budget and would be capped at $70000.
7. Adoption and consideration of Resident request to reduce On Site Staff and Management Fees from $276000 and $130000 respectively to one category, POA Management at $250000.
8. Adoption and consideration of Grounds and Maintenance Eco Renewal Initiative to proactively reduce cost through "eco friendly" plantings and landscaping. Grounds and Maintenance line item shows $235000 increase from 2016. Cap all Grounds and Maintenance costs at current 2016 budget.
9. Adoption and consideration of change in monthly meeting time and location to new clubhouse when completed. Meeting time should be changed to reflect a reasonable time that AP residents could attend.
10. Adoption and consideration of weekly Avalon Farmers Market. Details and provisions for which can be addressed by committee. The intent of the Farmers Market is to establish an Eco-connection between farmer produce and AP residents.