We, the Armenian People demand that the Republic of Armenia President Mr. Serge Sarkissian immediately disclose any and all documents including the transcripts of discussions between OSCE mediators regarding the recent OSCE negotiations to determine the fate of the Nagorno Karabagh Republic (NKR). We are deeply concerned with the direction of the negotiations and request transparency in the process. NKR and all liberated territories are Armenian historic lands which have been freed from the hands of the enemy with the price of our precious soldiers. Not one inch of land will be negotiated.
Furthermore, since July 17, 2016, we have seen the execution of massive violations by the Republic of Armenia Law Enforcement in suppressing free speech, right to peaceful assembly as well as warrantless arrests of citizens. Political prisoners have been arrested, tortured, abused and refused basic necessities such as, food and medical treatment. Journalists have been affected as well while documenting these acts of barbarism by RA Law Enforcement. Today there are close to 400 people still in detention (close to 700 initially detained) for simply protesting a corrupt, illegitimate and murderous regime who is engaged in state terrorism.
In addition to the first demand outlined in the first paragraph, we have additional and immediate demands below. Please communicate these items to the President and we expect the President to implement them instantly.
- We demand an immediate stop to the prosecution, mistreatment, abuse and torture (which includes the denial of food, medical treatment and basic necessities) of the political prisoners.
- We demand the immediate and unconditional release of the political prisoners.
- We demand the immediate resignation of Republic of Armenia President, Serge Sargisyan. He has come to power through illegitimate means, committing electoral fraud and state terrorism.
- We demand that the appropriate international bodies observe and monitor the investigation and prosecution of the illegal actions committed by law enforcement personnel including all responsible for the heinous crimes perpetrated against peaceful protestors, journalists and innocent bystanders beginning July 17, 2016 in Republic of Armenia. Furthermore, we demand that immediate steps we taken to execute these actions without delay, to be completed within a short period of time to ensure justice be served.
- We demand that the group known as Sasna Tzrer be released immediately. This group embodies the liberty movement in Armenia which has been engaged for 25 years attempting to establish justice and the rule of law in the republic. After all attempts have been exasperated for establishing democracy in Armenia, which includes constant violations of constitutional and human rights, these men were forced to take up arms and to demand change.