Alumni to Jerry Jr. - your endorsement of Trump is embarrassing
Dear Jerry Jr.
As alumni, we ask: did Donald Trump pay you or Liberty University for your endorsement?
We ask because if you were willing to tarnish yours and Liberty’s reputation, we hope at least the school received some of Trump’s (father’s) cash in return.
More disturbing is the idea that the endorsement is sincere.
If sincere, can you help us understand? Are you supporting Trump because of his policies (to the extent he has any), such as:
- His support for partial-birth abortion?
- His support for using the power of the State to take the property of widows to build casino parking lots?
- His support for socialized healthcare?
- His support for partnering with Nancy Pelosi to impeach President George W. Bush?
- His support for “reinvading Iraq to take their oil”?
- His support for using the FCC to shut down his critics?
Or is it his personal life,such as:
- Telling his second wife he was abandoning her by first informing a reporter, then leaving the news article on her bed?
- Cheating on multiple spouses and bragging about it?
- Stating he needs no repentance and never talks to God?
- Mocking a disabled reporter for his disability?
- Making vulgar comments about women?
Or his business practices, such as:
- Building a business (thanks daddy’s money) with casinos, thereby exploiting the poor and vulnerable?
- Paying contractors 80% of what is due, then threatening to sue if they try to collect full payment?
- Being party to hundreds of lawsuits?
Some of us support other candidates. Some of us are apolitical.
But we agree that your decision to support the one candidate who is anathema to Liberty University’s values is an awful choice.
Liberty University Class of 2011