AHS - Early Childhood Development
The Alberta Health Services (AHS), Early Childhood Development program serves families with children from birth to 5 and one half years who have development delays or disabilities. AHS has eliminated the full-time position for the program in Hinton/Jasper. The program will now be administered out of Edson, and one person will now serve Edson, Hinton and Jasper.
The program offers:
- home visitation
- ongoing developmental screenings
- developmental activity suggestions
- information about community resources
- referrals to agencies and services
- liaisons with other agencies involved with the child's development
The Growing Great Kids coalition believes this program is an asset to the community, and should remain as a full-time position in Hinton, servicing Hinton and Jasper. Please help us send a message to AHS encouraging them to provide the program at previous service levels. Thank you.