Redemption to Refinement: Modernization of the North Carolina A&T State University Chemistry Department
To Whom It May Concern:
On behalf of the students of North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, we solicit that the following improvements be made in the Chemistry Department on campus:
1) Highly trained professors that can teach and assist all students in and out of the classroom in an effective manner.
2) Curriculum that every student can learn and understand to increase the passing rate in all science courses.
3) Deeper involvement of the Chemistry Department administration in the classroom such as grading criteria, course materials, and student evaluations.
4) Additional Graduate Assistants (GA)/Teacher Assistants (TA) that are available to tutor students and aid professors in the classroom.
5) Host events or sessions that will increase exposure of the department to the student body to better the reputation that has been established.
Over the past ten years, courses under the Chemistry Department have been known to produce a high percentage of failing students per semester. As a student body, we stand on the belief that changes will be made if we continue to voice our concerns and issues with the Chemistry Department on our campus. Every student deserves an adequate education that will benefit them during their college experience and future endeavors. We have now made it our responsibility to effectively rectify the issues within our Chemistry Department and will continue sponsoring this initiative until changes are made for the betterment of every student at North Carolina A&T State University.