Aarhus Kommune. Give Aarhusblog A Chance.
44 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
44 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
PETITION TO AARHUS KOMMUNE.
Aarhus Kommune has refused to support Aarhus Culture blog, describing us as follows:
-Kunstrådet har indstillet følgende for ansøgningen til: ”www.aarhusblog.com”: ” Der søges om driftstøtte til en Aarhusblog som skal formidle kulturelle og sociale begivenheder i Aarhus. Kunstrådet finder ikke projektet nytænkende og oppe i det kunstfagli- ge niveau som er nødvendig for at komme i betragtning til puljens midler. Ansøgningen er ikke imødekommet.”-
Arts Council has set the following for the application to: "www.aarhusblog.com": "The requested operation support for Aarhus Blog for the dissemination of cultural and social events in Aarhus. Arts Council does not project innovative and up in the kunstfagli-ge level needed to qualify for the pool funds. The application is not granted. -
Aarhus Culture blog and its wide readership rejects this notion on the following basis.
1. Aarhus Culture blog was set up as a platform to inspire tolerance in the city of Aarhus. Aarhus culture blog is a positive reaction to the racism that exists in some parts of Aarhus society. We bring people from ALL CULTURAL BACKGROUNDS TOGETHER. Fact"
a.) We have the one of the most diverse team of bloggers in Denmark compared to other publications in Denmark.
b.) Our readership is made up of a diverse audience, 77% readers from Denmark (mostly Aarhus) and the rest of the world.
c.) We have been read in 3/4 of the whole world and we have statistics and maps to prove it.
2. On google ratings we are moving fast in the top searches of "Aarhus" related content. We are barely 3 months old and we are moving up on the google list because thousands of people search our content. We predict that in a year, we will be appearing on every google page, when someone googles "Aarhus" Our growing visibility is a sign of a growing and loyal readership.
3. We have over 46000 hits in barely 3 months. Considering the Aarhus population, and that 77% of our readers are mostly from Aarhus, we have a large segment of Aarhus population reading us.
4. Aarhusblog has worked with so many diverse artists in a short period since we started. We have profiled and interviewed many local artists and covered our local festivals and many sub culture events. This is because our diverse team of bloggers brings different content to the blog.
5. 25 bloggers and growing strong, on one platform writing about the local Aarhus Culture. This is a landmark for Aarhus culture. This is a big voluntary writing team that can't just be ignored.
6. We have many good working relations with many of the city's cultural institutions and we are expanding our network, so we can cover 100% all Aarhus cultural experiences.
7. We promote friendships amongst the unlikeliest of people. By bringing these different cultural people together in an atmosphere of tolerance, we encourage many artistic collaborations and partnerships. This will give rise to many interesting artistic expressions from our City.
8. We are also very active off line. We have events once a month and we promote local poets, writers, painters, sculptures, magicians, brake dancers,graphic artists etc from Aarhus through these events. We have done an event were a Danish publisher attended and is now about to sign up one of the poets for a book deal. This is a milestone is the 3 months since we started and anticipate to give many more artists a chance to get book/music deals with the industry.
9. We have published over 270 articles in the 3 months since we started. This means we have a large library of opinions about this city's expressions. In a year, we will have the most diverse voices of Aarhus on one publication.
10. We are working with 2014 Culture City of Umea in Sweden. We have a cultural exchange blogging program with some of their local culture bloggers and writers. This encourages the two future culture cities to learn from one another and promote ties with our culture city neighbors.
We therefore refuse this decision by Aarhus Kommune because we are an innovative publication that is breaking many barriers in Aarhus society and promoting a diverse cultural expression. We demand that Aarhus Kommune support this extraordinary community project as it is clearly good for the city culture and tolerance and inclusiveness.
We are an alternative media voice and we are just as part of this community as any other public voice publication.