A Bigger, Better Ogden Now
Parents/Caretakers, Teachers, Students & Ogden Community Members,
We saw the Ogden community rally to raise more than $135,000 in late September to keep class sizes small. We are so proud!
But, we have seen grades 6-8 move out of Ogden elementary. Class sizes will likely grow above 30 by 2016 or 2017. We have sacrificed many classrooms, including rooms for Spanish, a Science lab, Pre-K, and a large Art room.
We need A Bigger, Better Ogden Now.
- We do not want our children to lose any more rooms, like the current Library, Art, Computer lab, and Music classrooms.
- We need another building in the neighborhood to grow our community and to keep the kids of Ogden together.
- The time is now. We believe a merger with Jenner is the best solution for the future of our school and community.
- We will gain a great facility. Based on current enrollment, a merger with Jenner would increase Ogden K-8 classrooms by 71% and student enrollment by only 21%.* The additional resources will benefit both communities.
- Joining with Jenner is consistent with the IB mission statement:
"The International Baccalaureate (IB) aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programs of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programs encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right."