Enable TES elected parents to be active players in compliance with TES Constitution
(Chinese version below)
Taipei City Government Education Bureau
URGENT REQUEST THAT THE BOG (BOARD OF GOVERNORS) SERVES AS THE GOVERNING BODY OF TAIPEI EUROPEAN SCHOOL IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE ARTICLES OF ORGANIZATION AND RELEVANT TAIWAN REGULATIONS
Following our letter issued on September 6, 2017, we regret that the governance, management and supervision of Taipei European School (TES) continues to be in disarray with no effective structure or strategies in place to ensure that the educational goal and objectives for expatriate children will be cared for.
In order to preserve TES as a European school, providing education in compliance with the established pedagogic purposes, educational goals and legal system of the home countries (Germany, France and the United Kingdom) in accordance to Article 7 of the Regulations for the Establishment and Management of Private Elementary Schools, Junior and Senior High Schools, and Affiliated Preschools for International Residents and in compliance with Articles 5, 9 and Article 10-13 of the Articles of Organization of the TES Foundation, we request that the BOG serves as and be responsible for the governance of the school.
- In violation of Article 9 of the Articles of Organization for the TES Foundation, the BOD has appointed an executive secretary, Lillian Lin without the nomination and proposal of the parent elected governing body.
- In violation of Article 9 of the Articles of Organization for the TES Foundation, the BOG was dissolved and in its place a Standing Committee was proposed stripping parent elected representatives of their voting rights.
- In violation of Article 10-12, proposals for decisions on facilities are no longer proposed by the parent elected governing body.
- In violation of Article 10-13, proposals for operations and management of the school are no longer initiated by the parent elected governing body.
- In violation of Article 5 and Article 9, as the BOG has dissolved, there is no longer a Chair and Treasurer of the BOG. As such, Mark Lintott and Michael Topham, Chair and Treasurer, respectively, should naturally be dismissed from the BOD. Furthermore, as Michael Topham is no longer a parent of TES, he no longer can serve as an elected parent representative. Yet both members continue to serve as BOD members with voting rights.
- In violation of Article 17 of the Regulations for the Establishment and Management of Private Elementary Schools, Junior and Senior High Schools and Affiliated Pre-Schools for International Residents, the qualifications of the members of the Board of Directors are not in compliance.
The TES Parent Community
陳 情 書
為了確保在台外僑的受教權利，與教育品質不受到損害，我們衷心希望校區委員會(BOG- BOARD OF GOVERNORS) 的角色與職權能回到最初在組織章程裡的設定，以確保財團法人台北歐洲學校能持續提供符合母國（德國、法國與英國）教育理念、教學方法與法條規章的課程。
1. 董事會(BOD)在未經BOG的正當提名程序之下，指派Lilian Lin 為執行秘書，此舉違反『財團法人台北歐洲學校董事會組織章程』的第九條。
2. BOG被無預警解散，同時取而代之的常設委員會(Standing Committee)中，由全體家長選出的家長代表卻被剝奪了投票權，此舉亦違反『財團法人台北歐洲學校董事會組織章程』的第九條。
5. 由於BOG已被解散，BOG主席與財務主任的職位也就不復存在。因此，解散前的BOG主席Mark Lintott, 與財務主任Michael Topham自然也不應仍藉著這兩個職位在BOD裡目前仍佔有兩個席位。更何況Michael Topham目前已不是本校家長，擔任家長代表的任期亦在八個月前結束，此舉違反『財團法人台北歐洲學校董事會組織章程』的第五條與第九條。
中 華 民 國107年1月23日