Protect Gillespie County from the Bypass
TxDOT is planning a 70 MPH freeway bypass around Fredericksburg (like the one pictured here). This monstrous bypass, with its noise and light pollution and urban sprawl, will ruin the unique pastoral character of Gillespie County forever.
- TxDOT will require the city and county to acquire all land required (~$50M) and may require them to pay another $25-30M toward cost of the construction.
- These costs will result in significant TAX INCREASES and impose substantial burden on ALL Gillespie County taxpayers, including Harper, Doss, Stonewall and Fredericksburg.
- The City of Fredericksburg has other options to the bypass that will be less expensive, more in character with the Hill Country and could be completed much sooner.
- The TxDOT chosen route is a corridor and not the final alignment. Property owners on or near the route shown on the TxDOT map are AT RISK of losing their property.
- TxDOT stated that they would select a locally preferred option that was consistent with community values, but a NO BUILD option was never presented.
Please help us persuade the City and County Leaders to stop the TxDOT BYPASS by signing our petition.
By signing this petition, you are stating that you are AGAINST the building of the Fredericksburg Relief Route as planned by TxDOT.
Citizens for an Informed Relief Route, PO BOX 1113, Fredericksburg, TX 78624