Malik Mino Ereira 0

Save our Environment with Appropriate technology

108 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
Malik Mino Ereira 0 Comments
108 people have signed. Add your voice!
11%
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now

Devoid of oxo-biodegradables, only 2% of plastics waste is recycled in Ghana. The remaining 98% find itself in landfills or drains, visible as widespread pollutant and a threat to animal, marine species and to human health when burnt. With appropriate technology these plastics are being turned into pavement blocks. One was done at the frontage with the Minister of Environment before the UN Environment Conference this March.

Waste Segregation has already been launched by the EPA in Ghana on the 22nd of November 2013 at the children’s Park for value addition to waste at source and point of generation. Yet almost 6yrs on,the Ministry fail in complying to promote hygiene and tourism.

In April, we have played our part with a 200km -5-days hiking (Environmental Sanitation Awareness) from Tema to Mount Afadjato in the Volta Region to remind everyone to go green. Each step taken represents the number of trees to be planted by each Assembly for our pair of lungs this planting season. We are over consuming the ever-diminishing resources by cutting trees without replacing them; Even now the desert retention- drought resistance trees (rose wood).

______________________________________________________________________________

We the undersigned are concerned citizens, members of planet earth and products of the universe, urge the Ministry of Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation to act now to honour its promise to fund Nelplast Company Limited under the Government’s 1District:1 Factory policy, to reduce the volume of plastic waste churned daily through value addition by turning it into pavement blocks for our roads to last long.

We demand the Ministry of Environment to practice what it preaches by separating its waste at the Ministries itself from 27th May 2019. This will make citizens learn by example of value addition for volume reduction of waste sent to the only engineered landfill for the 5-million population in Greater Accra. What was meant to last 20yrs has reached its lifespan in 7yrs.

We demand the Ministry of Environment honor the above so that Faith-based organizations and industries in Ghana would begin the process to #BeatAirPollution by replanting to reduce the buildup of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere for each pair of our lungs helping purifying the air, reduce the global warming and as wind breaks on our roads whiles checking soil erosion through the forest commission climate action and mitigation measures ahead of 5th June 2019 World Environment Day.

Share for Success

Comment

108

Signatures