STOP ISLINGTON CPZ CHANGES
Islington Council are proposing to extend and restrict parking bays across Islington. This will have a massive effect on residents and business. The official consultation can be objected to via the council consultation here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LBI_STADIUM
THE CHANGES AND WHAT THESE MEAN:
- Matchday area – ZoneS E, F, G, H, J, L, N, Q, V & Y. There will not be additional controls on matchdays only anymore. Instead parking will be restricted from 8.30am to 9.00pm every day including Saturdays and Sundays.
- Angel area (Zone B). The council is proposing to extend the hours of operation to 11pm every day including Saturdays and Sundays.
- Finsbury Square and Farringdon Station area (Zone C). Bays will be restricted 24 hours per day Monday to Saturday and 12am to 6am Sundays.
- Whittington Hospital area (Zone K). 24 hours a day every day. FULL TIME.
- Archway regeneration area (Zone Z). Restrictions will be from 8.30am-6.30pm Monday-Friday and 8.30am-1.30pm on Saturdays.
For residents and businesses this will mean:
- That your guests, customers, clients, workmen, etc. will not be able to park outside your home until very late evening if at all.
- If you are in a matchday zone you will be forced to sign up to an online e-account to get visitor permits EVERY TIME you have a visitor. These will be linked to their registration numbers and checked by parking wardens.
- Islington Council plan to covertly monitor how many visitor vouchers each resident uses on matchdays and "take action" to stop you obtaining them if they deem this too many.
- People without internet or those less inclined to use the internet e.g. the very elderly will not be able to obtain free vouchers, as this has to be done online.
- Anybody in surrounding areas will feel the knock on effect of people parking on their bays.
- You will not be able to park in bays (other than your own zone) until very late at night and not on weekends anymore. So if you visit elderly relatives in the evening, or pop to the shops, you won't be able to park outside without a visitor voucher.
- It's worth noting that another borough introduced these free visitor vouchers, like those proposed for the matchday zones and then limited these to only a handful per year! How long til Islington council follows this pattern?
You should also register on the Council website to sign a petition there: