Keep Loop Off Lake - Coalition Letter
(Note: When you go to sign, iPetition will ask for a contribution. Just click "Next" and then "X" out of that tab to proceed. We are NOT asking for donations. It is an iPetition advertisement we do not support.)
Regarding the upcoming expansion of Toll Road 49 (Segment 6), we present ourselves as a local nonpolitical organization known as Keep Loop Off Lake (KLOL) dedicated to the following:
- The commitment to building the most cost-effective and convenient route possible for the greatest number of people in Smith County including the University of Texas at Tyler and the University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler communities.
- Preserving state and federal taxpayer dollars
- Preserving Lake Tyler, the city’s primary water supply
- Preserving Lake Tyler’s wetlands
- Preserve private property owner rights and reducing number of homesteads destroyed
- Preserving lives by pushing for improved safety features on Toll 49 (Segment 6)
KLOL’s proposed Green Route(an improved version of NET RMA's Teal Route, the anticipated route originally proposed by Texas Department of Transportation in 1984) achieves all the KLOL stated objectives.
The NETRMA proposed Orange Routeand/or Blue Route and/or Pink Route and/or any NET RMA proposed routes in the vicinity thereof egregiously violates these same objectives and would provide a disastrous choice for Toll Road 49 expansion.
Statements made here regarding the proposed routes are based upon facts and not subjective opinion. These facts are supported by engineer reports and GIS analysis and are referenced and available online at KeepLoopOffLake.com.
All the following signees fully support in totality the content of this coalition letter for the benefit of Smith County taxpayers and private property owners.
We also whole heartedly support the Green Route as best expansion choice.
The NET RMA proposed Orange Route and/or Blue Route and/or Pink Route and/or any routes in the relative vicinity should at no time be considered for expansion.
KLOL also asks that Toll 49 (Segment 6) be built with more safety features (e.g. guard rails, lighting, 4-foot median barrier with rumble strips and reflectors, and passing lanes, well marked lanes, break away sign posts).
Say NO to Orange Route, Blue Route, and Pink Route.
Say YES to the Green Route.
Make Toll 49 (Segment 6) safe.