Stop Poor Re-Design of Serrano Village J Lot H
Re: Parker Development of El Dorado Hills Serrano Village J Lot H
Dear Supervisors Hidahl, Frentzen, Veerkamp, Ranalli, and Novasel:
We, the undersigned El Dorado County residents and Serrano neighbors, respectfully request that you deny Parker Development Co.’s redesign of Village J Lot H.
Parker Development recently and dramatically changed its Village J Lot H project without Serrano Homeowners Association approval, so that the project would destroy between 192 and 507 heritage and mature oak trees, disturb areas with known potential for naturally occurring asbestos, demolish the well-used trail to Sellwood Field and Bass Lake, disregard design rules, and inappropriately provide entry through the Greenview staffed gate rather than a planned separate entrance.
The full project would clear-cut up to 90% of trees on the site, pose serious questions about potential health risks to residents, eliminate residents’ access to community recreational assets, install streets and sidewalks that would be much narrower than county standards, and eliminate the previously planned Serrano Parkway J-H gate.
Please reject this poor and unacceptable re-design and ensure that any Village J Lot H project:
- Saves the iconic oak trees: The project site can accommodate development without disturbing existing groves.
- Conducts site-specific asbestos analysis: Any site-specific risks associated with the project should be shared with residents.
- Preserves and enhances existing trail access: The project should retain residents’ natural path to Sellwood Field and Bass Lake.
- Complies with design rules: Sidewalks and streets must conform to Serrano and county standard widths.
- Retains Serrano Parkway gate access: Resident-approved HOA staffed gate fees were based on previous plans for a J-H gate.
- Obtains approval from the Serrano Homeowners Association: Proposed changes to the site should conform to HOA governance requirements.
Thank you for your consideration and leadership on this important issue.