Hon. Governor & The CTB, Thank you for moving the I-95 rush hour traffic to Stafford. Please get us moving again and add lanes south of Rt. 610
223 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
223 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
Dear Commonwealth Transportation Board and Governor McAuliffe, did you know?
- On December 14, 2014 when the HOT lanes opened, instantly 44 minutes were added to the weekly Stafford commute of those coming from points south of route 610, exit 143.
- There is currently NO PLAN to extend the HOT lanes or add lanes to I-95 south of mile marker 142.
- On October 16, 2012, The Commissioner of Highways, under Governor McDonnell, wrote that phase two of the I-95 express lanes were a "top priority”. Under the new administration those plans have been scrapped.
- Improvements to the corridor are critical to the continued economic growth and success of the Commonwealth as a whole and to the region it connects.
- I-95 is a critical evacuation route for the Northern Virginia region.
This is a project of National and Statewide Significance.
Make this your top priority and fund the necessary improvements to get our region moving again.