We need another 5th grade teacher for the 2018-19 school year at Holbrook Elementary
Crowded classrooms are impeding the academic success of our students! With additional needs of many students in this grade, we believe that their needs will best be met in smaller class sizes.
- 68 students split between 2 classes 2017-18 school year
- Only 2 teachers currently provided for upcoming 2018-19 year
- Teachers provide accommodations for 39 Students (59%) although only 12 (18%) have IEP/504
- Class of 2026 scored below or well below standardized testing in the 2017-18 school year:
- Dibels benchmark levels: 38% at start of year, 32% mid-year
- SAGE tests: 40% of students tested in Language Arts, 51% in Math
- One-third to one-half of the Class of 2026 need significant extra support
We the undersigned are concerned parents and guardians of these students who urge the Davis County School District to act now to provide an additional teacher for the upcoming school year.