Gina Continenza 0

Reduction of speed limit on County Road 19

39 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
Gina Continenza 0 Comments
39 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now

As residents who drive County Road 19 in Medina, MN every day, we have serious concerns surrounding the safety of the current 55 mph speed limit between Loretto and just south of Lakeshore Dr.

Our concern arises from factors such as a large residential population (including a quickly growing <18 segment) utilizing area park spaces, a high prevalence of pedestrians and bicyclists, lack of street lights to provide visibility at night, and a recent hit and run pedestrian accident.

We request the speed limit on County Road 19 be changed from 55 mph to 45mph from Loretto to the currently posted 45mph just south of Lakeshore Dr., as well as painted crosswalks with visible yellow diamond pedestrian crossing signs at both the Maple St. and Lakeshore Ave. intersections. Enforcement of the speed limit is crucial.

The stretch of County Road 19 that runs from highway 55 to highway 12 is 5 miles long. Of that, only 1.5 miles is currently posted at 55 mph. Please consider our request to revise this 30% stretch of road to match the other 70% of the segment.

Thank you.

Share for Success