30 Day Self Harm Challenge
My name is Kristen and I have a mental health Youtube channel named "LikeKristen" where I give support and advice to teens and young adults who are struggling with mental health problems. Recently I have found that a majority of my audience is suffering with self harming behavior. I wanted to create a petition for them to sign to take the 30 day self harm challenge!
What the "30 Day Self Harm Challenge" is is an event that will give my subscribers who are suffering and anyone else who happens to stumble upon this a reason to not self harm for 30 days and beyond. Some of them are suffering and they don't see how they can stop but I promise you if you take the 30 day self harm challenge your life will be so much easier because you wont be dependent on self harm and you will be on your way to recovery!
If you sign this petition you have to try to obey these rules for the month of August or until the end of this event:
- I will not cut, scratch, burn, hit, or harm myself in anyway in the month of August.
- If I have the urge to harm yourself I will try all of my other coping skills first until the urge subsides.
- I will be kind to myself and do things that are positive for my body instead of taking things out on my body.
- I will be happy knowing that I am a strong person and I can beat this addiction.
- I will reach out for help if I haven't already. I will talk about my feelings to a close friend, family member, or professional so I can further my recovery.
All you have to do is sign this petition saying that you will attempt to be self harm free for one whole month! I know 30 days sounds like a long time to go self harm free but I promise you that if you take this first step in your recovery you won't regret it. You will come out of this challenge a stronger person ♡
During this event I will also be posting self harm recovery videos on my Youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqbNeeBXyD21OzwRy... So don't forget to go over there and subscribe for words of encouragement during these 30 days!
You don't have to use your name on this petition if you don't want to but still sign it so I know how many of us are taking a stand against our self harm addictions!
Recovery is possible and I know you can do it! :)