2020 Hamlin Plantation Tennis Support
Hello Hamlin Tennis People!
As a newly appointed board member, I wanted you to know that we are going through all of the projects the community would like to complete in 2020. There is currently not much money set aside for the ongoing repair of the tennis courts. With your help I would like to make the repair and consistent upkeep of our tennis facilities a big priority!
The tennis courts are currently the ONLY AMENITY that requires the users to maintain it for daily use. Landscapers blow it off once a week. The nets are in bad shape, there are slippery mold areas in the corners. Lights are a constant challenge. Here's what I'm going to propose to the board as part of a repair and maintenance plan:
- New nets on all the courts that need them
- A pressure washing schedule to keep the slick spots away (starting quarterly in the beginning)
- Landscapers increasing their rotation to blow off courts
- Trimming back trees that overhang the fence as much as possible
- Retrofitting the lights so they all will be the modern LED bulbs (a few are done)
- Repairing / landscaping the gates onto Courts 1 & 2 with the exposed sprinkler lines and big concrete step
- Brooms, squeegees, and a blower available for players
After we get these items taken care off, maybe we ask for bleachers, patio, benches.
If you agree that some of our yearly dues should go to tennis @ Hamlin, please add your name to this sign up. If you value tennis in Hamlin as much as I do, please help me to get as many residents as we can to sign up. If your spouse plays have them sign too. Even if they don't play but like the fact that tennis gets you out of the house for a few hours, have them add their name. Even if you don't play but you see value in maintaining a popular amenity then add your name here.
Our working session is Thursday January 23rd. I would love to present my proposal with a list of residents who agree.