105 Conroy Cres Petition for Change
The Condo Board and Wilson Blanchard have been negligent in their duties towards the betterment of 105 Conroy Crescent and are affecting our property values. For the following reasons, along with many others, owners within the building are circulating this petition to have the Condo Board dismissed. Major reasons are as follows:
- Failure to recognize the cost saving by switching from 12 electric hot water tanks to a gas boiler. A boiler system will roughly cost $35,000, which between Hydro savings and hot water tank rental payments savings will pay for itself in 4 years.
- Failure to recognize the cost saving in switching from electric to gas dryers. The savings will be a minimum of $2,000 a year in hydro costs.
- Failure to approve and insist on a cashless laundry system. One was priced out by a former board member, which is only $50.00 more a month in our rental payments. This will deter thieves and remove the temptation for more break in’s.This will accurately track the revenue and be more convenient as debit and credit cards can be used for payment.
- Failure to continue with the Energy Audit that was planned for September. This is a free audit which entailed going into every unit and assessing for water leaks and to show residents how to save on their hydro bill. The building has a large water leak that is costing roughly $2,000 a month extra on what a 48 unit condo should use.
- Failure to switch phone plans for the intercom. We currently pay $100 a month for the phone line for the intercom and another $100 a month for the phone for the fire system. Both of these lines do not allow long distance. Business phone plans with unlimited long distance have been priced at $25.99 a month. The board has decided against changing plans, which means anyone without a Guelph number, does not have access to the intercom.
- Failure to address and fix the water drainage issue at both entrances to the building. Quotes were obtained to fix the water drainage issue, when presented to the board, they were deemed too costly and no repairs are to be done.
- Failure to address the broken water softener for almost 2 years. Board members did not see the need to fix it because it didn’t bother them. Guelph water is very hard and will clog pipes with calcium and lime deposits. This in turn, will cost the condo money to fix. Even though the water softener has been changed, it is not being maintained, so the same issues will be reoccurring.
These are some of the main reasons many owners are circulating this petition. If you feel like you deserve a better living environment, I encourage you to sign the petition. When signing please include your unit number. If you are a renter, feel free to sign and please forward to your landlord. If you want to be part of a new board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This petition will be presented if and when we get a consensus.