I am requesting that UNES offer a two-way language immersion program. Ideally, such a program would consist of a student population with about half native-English speakers and the other half natively-speaks the target language (e.g., Spanish). Class time would be split in half and taught in English and half in the target language. This way students encourage and teach each other, and eventually all become bilingual.
- Improvement in linguistic and meta linguistic abilities
- An increase of cognitive ability “such as divergent thinking, concept formation, verbal abilities,listening skills, and general reasoning
- Improves one's understanding of his/her native language.
- Opens the door to other cultures and helps a child understand and appreciate people from other countries
- Increases job opportunities in many careers where knowing another language is a real asset
- Superior SAT scores and standardized testing
- Enhances Memory
No comments yet.join the discussion
Elizabeth CoUnited States3 years ago
Heather CornellUnited States3 years ago
There are no highlights yet.