As students, the largest stakeholder for campus and campus food, we should have a say about what we are fed. The food contract for campus is currently being negotiated and student will not be at the table. From talking with students and students groups your student union has formulated a list of demands:
- More affordable healthy food options
- More freshly prepared healthy food options (i.e. sandwiches, wraps, salads)
- Clear visual display of all nutritional information
- Minimum standards of food quality implemented into the contract and upheld by the food provider
- Minimum food grade level requirements for food provider purchasing
- More local food business operations on campus
- Creating a more diversified and competitive market for student food
- Current 10 year contract saves money but at the expense of students
- A 5 year contract would hold the food provider accountable and give them more incentive to make an impact before contract is re-negotiated
As the representation for students on campus we feel that theses demands are very reasonable. Additional resources can be accessed through the sidebar. Please show your support by signing the petition below.
No comments yet.join the discussion
social bookmarking service, Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation6 months ago
modular homes upstate NY, Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation6 months ago
Luvena Seet, Fredericton, Canada8 months ago
There are no highlights yet.